Natural Indigo Dye Workshop
We are all familiar seeing our pair of jeans in an indigo blue.Here ar La Tierra, we are introducing these DIY natural indigo dye kits which can be done in the comfort of your home.
Buying this product is supporting the cause of Decent Work & Economic Growth, Responsible Consumption & Production, Life On Land, and No Poverty by:
- Donation to charity organizations
- Buying items or services made by supported beneficiaries
- Direct donation to individuals in need
- Providing education about the cause
- Providing work opportunity and income
- Providing education to beneficiaries
- Donating materials or equipment
- Contributing to clean-the-nature initiatives
- Investment in infrastructure projects
- Providing food
- Providing medical services
- Utilizing reused, recycled or recyclable materials
- Providing educational materials
It comes with all the necessary materials and instructions to make a lovely piece of art using natural indigo. Not just informative and educational, it is an age-old method of natural dyeing that does not pollute the environment and is less toxic.
The earliest indigo used was probably from the Bronze Age, Indus Valley Civilization. (3300-1300 BC). Long Before Egyptians, Peruvians made blue-hued cotton 6000 years ago. TRUE BLUE, a stand of blue yarn from a 6000-year-old woven patch contains the oldest evidence of colorfast dye known as Indigo BLUE.