In accordance with The Great Compassionate Vows of The Buddha of Medicine, Metta aims to provide welfare services for the community, regardless of race or religion.
It is defined as the basic elements of how we go about our work. It is what support our Vision and Mission. It helps shape our corporate culture & define Metta’s identity.
Our core values are as follows:
- Compassion: Compassion towards our clients and treat them with kindness and dignity
- Integrity: Act with Integrity by upholding professional conduct and behave ethically
- Harmony: In Harmony with others, treat them with equality and sensitivity, regardless of race or religion
- Respect: Treat our clients, employees, donors, partners & other stakeholders with mutual respect and recognise the importance of diversity
- Continuous Improvement: Strive for excellence in service and performance through continuous learning and improvement
Metta is dedicated to working closely with our clients, donors, partners, suppliers and community organisations for the provision of welfare services to meet the needs of the community at our centres.
- To provide accessible and affordable medical care to the less fortunate – home hospice care for the terminally ill and day rehabilitative services for elderly and stroke patients
- To provide disability care, respite care, residential care and training for the intellectually disabled
- To provide special education and training for children with mild intellectual disability and/or autism
- To provide community care services for the elderly, students and children
- To develop and provide such forms of medical care and welfare services as required by the community
Metta currently supports the following services:
- Disability Care: Residential care, Day activity care, Respite care and training for the intellectually disabled.
- Medical Care: Home hospice care for the terminally ill, Day rehabilitative services for elderly and stroke patients.
- Children Care: Early intervention for children with learning difficulties.
- Alumni Care: Vocational and arts training, employment assistance and support for graduates of Metta School.
- Special Education: Special education and vocational training for children with mild intellectual disability and/or autism.
- Others: Welfare services as required by the community.